Travel Insurance Plans
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Independence Blue Cross offers medical and trip protection plans through GeoBlue® that can give you peace of mind while you travel or live abroad.
GeoBlue health plans1 provide medical coverage when you travel outside of the United States. You will have access to:
- Emergency medical evacuation: coverage for unexpected emergency situations
- Comprehensive coverage: hospitalization, doctor visits, and prescriptions
- Cashless, paperless service: direct billing for both inpatient and outpatient care
- A profiled, elite network: visit “best in class” English-speaking doctors in over 180 countries
- 24/7 concierge support: VIP assistance scheduling appointments and managing medical care
- Online tools: accessible through the GeoBlue App which is available to all members
You don’t have to be currently enrolled in an Independence medical plan to purchase a GeoBlue plan. Additional health insurance plans are available for global living including worldwide insurance for students and faculty, missionaries, and volunteers.
Need more information? To shop and purchase plans, call 1-855-481-6647 (TTY: 711) to speak with a GeoBlue representative.
1 GeoBlue® is the trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. GeoBlue products are underwritten by 4 Ever Life Insurance Company, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.